Omega Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't decide which preorder to buy....

+4
BelgarionNL
Rowan Starfire
Fallenoneusn
Syykes
8 posters

Go down

I can't decide which preorder to buy.... Empty I can't decide which preorder to buy....

Post  Syykes Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:33 pm

I cant decide whether to buy the tribble pet, borg BO, or Con version.

The tribble pet seems the more useless of the three...

The Borg BO seems OK, if its usefulness extends for more than just the first week.

The Constitution class will probably be obsolete fast, but I wonder if the blue phasers it comes with can be mounted on other ships....

I need your opinions/facts Smile
Syykes
Syykes

Back to top Go down

I can't decide which preorder to buy.... Empty Thoughts

Post  Fallenoneusn Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:31 pm

My thoughts are that the Constitution Class ship is a tier 2 tactical ship according to the STO ship tiers, and if you can start of with it instead of the light cruisers that you choose from in the beginning its a no brainer there. Borg are for shooting at and running from and tribbles are good for cocking up ventilation shafts and other crap like that. I am getting the Connie with the collectors' edition from Gamestop....That just my opinion
Fallenoneusn
Fallenoneusn

Back to top Go down

I can't decide which preorder to buy.... Empty Re: I can't decide which preorder to buy....

Post  Syykes Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:37 pm

Gawh...I looked on the forums and supposedly only some of the preoders come with beta keys.....its all too confusing and theres no official word on anything o_O
Syykes
Syykes

Back to top Go down

I can't decide which preorder to buy.... Empty Re: I can't decide which preorder to buy....

Post  Rowan Starfire Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:50 pm

Amazon and Gamestop both will have open beta keys. I don't know about the other ones.
Rowan Starfire
Rowan Starfire
Admin

https://stoomegafleet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BelgarionNL Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:35 am

should i pre order when i am living in the netherlands, europe? i don't know if any european specials will be offered nearer to release
BelgarionNL
BelgarionNL

http://www.omega-fleet.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Killian Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:52 am

I already put the collectors on order from both Amazon and Game Stop. I think the Borg officer will be the most useful for the longest amount of time. However having a constitution Class from the very start should be a large boost. If you cant redeem 2 pre-order codes on the same account, then i will just give the other one to one of my friends.
Killian
Killian

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsuran Kict Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:33 am

Gamestop wins, IMHO. Borg BO is nice, but you can't beat being able to turn in games and pay literally nothing for an $80 game.

gg

Tsuran Kict

Back to top Go down

Post  Syykes Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:22 pm

Tsuran Kict wrote:Gamestop wins, IMHO. Borg BO is nice, but you can't beat being able to turn in games and pay literally nothing for an $80 game.

gg

Dude....its like a pawnshop, they make like 3 times the money in stuff u sell to them....

however....

I do buy good used games from them, i just rent the ones not worth buying ;p
Syykes
Syykes

Back to top Go down

Post  Killian Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:19 pm

The one thing about the Constitution and Borg BO, apparently they will only arrive with the game when it ships. It will not come with the headstart or open beta codes.
Killian
Killian

Back to top Go down

I can't decide which preorder to buy.... Empty OMGZ

Post  Syykes Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:29 pm

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=40001

theres more preorder bonuses from other store....supposedly.....
Syykes
Syykes

Back to top Go down

I can't decide which preorder to buy.... Empty STO pre-order perks, comparison by company

Post  T'pox Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:40 pm

I wanted to post my own research about the different preorder options.

1. Gamestop ($50) - Constitution class starship (blue phasers, extra Engineering slot), Jan-12 beta access, Jan-29th release early start
1a. CE edition ($80) - +deluxe packaging, manual, communicator badge, 3xGuest passes, Red Matter Capacitor, TNG and DS9 uniforms
2. Amazon ($47) - Borg Bridge Officer, Jan-12 beta access
2a. CE edition ($80) - couldn't find explicit bonus, but assume same as GameStop CE edition perks
3. BestBuy ($50) - Federation Tribble pet, Klingon Targ pet, Jan-12 beta access, Jan-27th release early start (NOTE 27th not 29th, I assume this is website typo at this point)
3a. CE edition ($80) - same as GameStop
4. Steam - Listed as vendor on STO official website, no current link of item/price on Steam website
5. Wal-mart ($50) - none listed on website
6. Target - Listed as vendor on STO official website, no current link of item/price on Target website
7. Direct2Drive ($50) - Multi-Spatial Personal Shield, early beta access (no date listed), early start access (no date listed)
8. Digital Deluxe Edition ($60) - Jan-12 beta access, Jan-29th release early start, TOS Uniform set (BRY), "Joined Trill" (several lifetimes of experience, bonus to 5 skills), Fed "Khaan' emote/Klingon Wine Toast emote, NX ship registry prefix, tactical ship module - Automated Defense Battery

Assuming I can use the codes on the same account, I'm considering getting the Gamestop CE edition as well as as the Digital Deluxe Edition. If not, I'll just go with the Digital Deluxe Edition alone.

Last updated: Dec 13th
T'pox
T'pox

Back to top Go down

Post  Rezsic Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:56 pm

I just read on the STO site that pre-order and package bonus items are stackable as long as there not the same item. I have already pre-orderd STO Collectors Edition from Game Stop and I am going to purchase the Digital Deluxe Edition and I will get all the bonus from each, outstanding.
Rezsic
Rezsic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum